It's been four days straight of rainy/dreary conditions, and I think it's starting to affect me. I'm really tired and not very motivated to do anything or go anywhere. I'm SO ready for the sunny weather that the weatherman has promised me this weekend.
In other news, one thing I wanted to do this year was take a picture (at least one) every day. I'm really good about taking pictures of big things, but I also want to have a record of some of the everyday, mundane things that make up our lives right now. I thought about following along with the photo challenges on Instagram, but I'm not that great with structure. So, I decided just to snap a picture of whatever strikes me on a particular day. I've been posting them all on Instagram, so feel free to follow along if you like (username katielaw7)!
1. Donny and I went to Costco one evening. One of us got minced onion and Brussels sprouts, while the other chose a case of Guinness and a huge pack of bacon. I'll let you decide who was who...
2. I won this necklace on Micah's blog!! It was handmade and is so cute.
3. I managed to capture (although not do justice) one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen the other night leaving Trader Joe's.
4. I roasted those Brussels sprouts (from pic #1) and even got the husband to eat some!!
5. A bowlful of pomegranate arils-- so yummy.
6. I FINALLY got a haircut after letting it grow out for the wedding. I saw a new girl (who I absolutely love), and she took off about 3" in length and gave me one of my all-time favorite haircuts. I felt like a whole new woman!
7. We went to see Gangster Squad last weekend, and it was really good. A little slow at times, but worth seeing.
8. My small group started a new Bible study on Hebrews by Max Lucado, which is turning out to be really, really good. And of course we got some Chipotle to go with it. :)
9. Totally normal to drink a Green Monster out of a Guinness mug, right??
10. I'm trying to help my BFF with her blog design, but I'm not feeling as inspired as I was with my own. I need to get cracking on it.
11. The broiler is a very dangerous thing. And apparently it hates me.
12. I finally broke down and tried Trader Joe's Cookie Butter and holy cow. This is some amazing stuff.
13. We went to the first ACC home game in Chapel Hill last week. It was also Donny's first trip to the Dean Dome! Sadly, the Heels lost, but it was still a lot of fun.
14. Monday night, I was so exhausted that I got in bed while Jeopardy was still on-- before 8pm. (ps-- I missed the Jeopardy test AGAIN this month. I kept seeing the commercials but never took it. Next time...)
15. My friend Jen brought her sweet puppy, Bailey, to our small group last night. Bailey loves to cuddle. :)
16. I finally got myself out of bed and to the gym this morning. I'm proud but also really exhausted. 5:45am is not my friend...