Joyland by Stephen King. After reading 11/22/63 last year, I want to read more Stephen King books. But I don't care about any horror books. This one sounds suspenseful and interesting without being gross.
2. Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger. I like all of the Weisberger books I've read. They're not great literature, but they're good. And I thought that The Devil Wears Prada was the best of her novels. I'm curious to see where she takes the story.
3. Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham. I was anxiously awaiting the release of this book this past spring but somehow never picked it up once it came out. I love Lauren Graham and am curious to see if she can write... I hope so.
4. Still Missing by Chevy Stevens. I've read such great reviews about this book that I'm very excited about it. It sounds fascinating-- can't wait to get my hands on it!
6. Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. This book has been on my list FOREVER. But since he just released Inferno, I'm going to finally sit down and read this one!
7. Inferno by Dan Brown. The Robert Langdon books are such great, suspenseful stories. They're a little ridiculous and far-fetched, but they're fast-paced and keep me reading.
9. The Innocent Man by John Grisham. Another book that's been both on my list and in my house for a while. I've been putting this book off because I don't want it to depress me, and I'm afraid it will. But I really do want to read it, so I'm going to give it a go this summer.
10. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I found this book at my parents' house when we were getting ready for the yard sale, and it was perfect timing because I just finished reading through Hosea! So, this one is definitely going to get read (finally-- I've only had it since high school...).
So, as you can tell, this summer I'm going to reading books that I've been putting off. I didn't plan it that way, but I'm looking forward to it. Of course, there will be new books that strike me and get read in between these, but I'm pretty excited about the list that I've got here!
Any books that I just HAVE to read this summer/year??