It has seriously been almost a month since I last blogged. I can't believe it's been that long! October seriously got away from me. We had stuff going on constantly, and when I was able to relax, blogging was the furthest thing from my mind. I have really missed it though, and I've missed reading all of your blogs too!
I love these monthly rewinds, and I thought it was a good way to recap the last month of posts that I missed. :)
Halloween at my office!
Garden Spells-- one of my all-time favorite books now. I love this book so much!!
Tell No One-- such a great suspenseful read. I read it in one night because I couldn't put it down.
The Sugar Queen-- Another fantastic story by SAA. Her stories and characters are amazing.
There wasn't much new music this month (other than T.Swift, but she's not my fave). So I basically kept the same songs on repeat. And then I got tired of them. These were the five (not six) that made it to the end of the month. Jimmy Fallon's song, Ew, cracks me up!
1. Last I left you, I fired my replacement assistant and hired a new one. Well, she was a disaster. So, I had to fire her too, and hire ANOTHER new assistant. Thankfully, she's working out so much better. She actually cares about doing a good job and doesn't waste her whole day shopping online...
2. I read a lot in October. I realized at the end of September that if I read 10 books in October, November, and December, then I could read 100 this year. There were a few months where I had read 10 books, so I thought it was totally doable. And I actually read 11 last month!
3. My new Bible study group got into full swing in Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself, and I love it! I'm getting a kick out of her early 2000's hairdos and outfits, but there's no denying that she speaks from the Holy Spirit. I'm learning SO much each week and being challenged in all new ways. It's fantastic.
4. One of my good friends, April, got engaged this month! I took her some goodies one night to celebrate:
5. Some people close to us died this month. A close friend of our family committed suicide a few weeks ago, and Donny's uncle died suddenly at the end of the month. Definitely some sad days this month.
6. Donny and I ordered new iPhones on September 22 since both of ours were starting to get wonky. Donny's was doing some really crazy stuff, so it was definitely time for a replacement. We were told it would be two weeks before we got them. No problem. Then it was four weeks. Then it got backordered... FINALLY, on October 31, they arrived! It only took six weeks, but whatever. They're finally here! And they're beautiful. :)
7. We tried two new restaurants this month. One of them was nothing special. But the other was a local Italian restaurant that was AMAZING. The owner is a little old Italian man, so of course the food is fantastic. I'm so glad we finally went to this place that we've driven by a million times!
8. I had the most delicious ice cream of my life last month. Locally made ice cream AND waffle cones. Sigh....
1. Sarah Addison Allen -- I fell in love with her books so hard this month. I can't wait until her new one in January!
2. NYandCo. 7th Avenue Pull-On Pant-- Seriously, where have pull-on dress pants been my entire life?? They're the most comfortable pants ever. Like yoga pants that look nice enough for court. Score!
3. Ulta's Sparkling Lemon Hand Soap-- Such a great hand soap scent. Despite the name, it's not overly lemony. Just nice and clean smelling. Love it!
Sadly, I didn't read a single blog post this month. :( What were some of your favorite or best blog posts of last month?? I'll definitely check them out!
1. Michael Connelly's new book, The Burning Room, released yesterday-- I can't wait to get my hands on it from the library! Hopefully today...
2. Next Monday is our anniversary but we're celebrating this weekend at a winery in the Virginia mountains. It's going to be awesome.
3. November means that Christmas is less than two months away, which means that it's perfectly acceptable to listen to Christmas music now!
4. In only a few short weeks, Donny and I will be embarking on a major road trip through the Southeast to get to Texas to be with his family on Thanksgiving! It's going to be so much fun, and I'm going to see so many new places!