2014 was a great year for beauty products. I tried a lot of new, fun products and found some permanent staples for my rotation. These are my top 10 products of 2014, several of which I have re-purchased and all of which I consider my HG products in their categories.
1. MAC Creamsheen Lipstick in Modesty-- This is THE perfect neutral pink color. I just love the MAC Creamsheen formula so much. It's hydrating and long-lasting in so many great colors.
2. Urban Decay Naked3 eyeshadow palette-- I got this for Christmas last year and can count on my hands the number of days in 2014 that I did not use it. I love the pink-toned colors against my yellow-toned skin, and it's SO versatile-- I've created countless different looks with all of the colors-- simple, every day looks and bold smoky eyes. There's no end to the options with this palette.
3. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush-- I haven't had this brush but for a few weeks now, and I already LOVE it. It's great for for my liquid foundation because the bristles are very soft, dense, and short, giving great control and a streak-less application. I also love it for contouring since the bristles are so short but fluffy. It blends my bronzer very well without spreading it where I don't want it.
4. Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation-- This is the first foundation in my adult life that I've repurchased again and again. I've been wearing it for a while now and still have no desire to switch. It's not too heavy, but the coverage looks flawless. Perfect.
5. Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment-- My lips get so very dry, so I started using this at night. And my lips have never felt better. It's incredibly hydrating-- more than any other chap stick or lip balm I've ever tried. I still think it's a little insane to pay $25 for some lip balm, but until I can find anything as good, I'll do it.
6. Essie Nail Polish in Bachelorette Bash-- This was my warm weather color. The picture doesn't even do it justice. It's a bright fuchsia pink that is so beautiful. I wore it as soon as it was warm enough for flip flops until it was time to put them away. Can't wait to pull it back out again this spring!
7. Urban Decay Subversion lash primer-- My lashes have never looked longer or fuller than they do with this lash primer! I can tell such a huge difference when I wear it and when I don't. Paired with it's companion, Urban Decay Perversion mascara, and you've got some dramatic eyelashes.
8. Coach Poppy Blossom Eau de Parfum-- I have a hard time with perfume. Most women's perfume is too sweet or too spicy or too flowery. I just want something bright and clean smelling, and I found it in Coach's Poppy Blossom. Whenever I wear it, I can't help sniffing my wrists because I love how it smells!
9. Clarisonic Mia-- How did I live without a clarisonic?? My skin has never felt softer and cleaner than it does after using this for just one week!
10. MAC Dazzleglass in Date Night-- I just swatched this color on a whim at the MAC counter one day and left. But as the day went on, I couldn't help but love how it made my lips look! It's very purple in the container and definitely has a cool tint on your lips, but it's not purpley at all once it's on. It's a beautiful sheer shade that gives the perfect amount of color.
Here are several of these favorites in real life:
Eyes-- Naked3 palette (Burnout on lids, Liar in crease, Dust under browbone, Darkside in brows, and Blackheart in outer corner and as liner), UD Subversion lash primer and Perversion mascara
Face-- UD Naked Skin foundation applied with Real Techniques brush
Lips-- MAC Dazzleglass in Date Night
What were some of your favorite beauty products of 2014??