1. MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Blankety-- My sister-in-law wears this all the time, and it looks so fantastic on her. So of course, I had to pick up my own tube. It's very, very nude and works great with a more dramatic eye look.
2. bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Stunner-- My mom got me a sampler pack of these lip glosses for Christmas, and I am so glad she did! This lip gloss is probably one of the most perfect formulas out there. It's moisturizing, highly pigmented, and not very sticky. I love this color too-- over a bright lipstick, it gives a nice fuchsia sheen. Over just your naked lips, it's a beautiful pink wash that's not too bright and not too nude. Gorgeous.
3. MAC Fluidline gel eyeliner in Blitz and Glitz-- After months of wearing almost nothing but eyeshadow as eyeliner, I pulled out my MAC Fluidline gel eyeliner for some reason. And I remembered why I loved it before. It stays put like nothing else. I put my eyeshadow on top of it because black is usually darker than the look I'm going for, and it works like a charm!
4. MAC Face and Body foundation-- I know, I know. I literally JUST wrote about how much I love the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation. But almost immediately after writing it, I got restless with my old standby. After sampling several different foundations, I tried this one after rave reviews from Karen at Makeup and Beauty Blog. And it's fabulous. It gives good but not heavy coverage, a dewy finish, and is $35 for 4oz! The Urban Decay is $30 for only 1 ounce! $35 for 4 ounces puts it around the same price point as drugstore brands. It's a steal.
5. NYX Wonder Stick-- I've been contouring with bronzer and a powder highlighter for a while, but I love the simplicity of this dual-ended stick. Just swipe it on where you want the dark and light colors, then buff! I love that the darker color is not at all orangey-- it's a perfect shade for me.
6. MAC Lustre Lipstick in Milan Mode-- This was a total impulse buy at the MAC counter a few weeks ago. It's way brighter than I usually wear on my lips, but I kind of love it! I still am not very comfortable with such a bright color, but I'm getting there.
What are your favorite recent beauty products that I need to try??