My grandmother's birthday celebration.
1. Last week, I became assistant-less again. The girl I hired last October is having all sorts of personal issues and basically just decided that she couldn't come to work anymore. So now I have to hire and train ANOTHER new person... Know anyone who wants to work in a law office in NC??
2. I read 11 books in February. There were some really great books that I just couldn't stop reading!
3. We finally got our big snow this month, and it was beautiful! After missing it last year while we were in Texas, I was really excited to see a pretty white blanket on the ground this year.
4. I chopped more than 5 inches off my hair, and I LOVE it! It's so much easier to manage, and it still looks cute when I curl it.
5. My Patriots won the Super Bowl!
6. I got kind of obsessed with Justified and have been binge-watching it from the beginning before I start the final season, which is airing now. It's just so smart and good.
7. I started WeightWatchers again this month, and it's been really, really great. You can read more about why I went back here. If nothing else, I'm just so much more aware of what I eat. No more mindless snacking or picking up a bite here and there. It's great accountability, and it's working-- down 5lbs in three weeks!
8. I got a big raise this month, and I'm really excited about it. I was pretty profitable in the last half of last year for my firm, so my draw was adjusted accordingly and a lot more than expected. I don't know why I worry when it's been proven over and over in my life that God will always meet our needs.
1. Earl gray tea-- I can't stop drinking it.
2. Empire-- Donny and I are loving this show. Taraji P. Hinson is amazing, and her chemistry with Terrence Howard is off the charts.
3. Dove dry shampoo-- how did I ever live without it??
My songs this month were highly influenced by the Grammy awards, which introduced me to some new favorite songs from some old favorite artists.
1. Glory by John Legend and Common-- I literally cannot stop singing and listening to this song. I've been a huge fan of John Legend for a while, but this is just over the top good.
2. My Heart is Open by Maroon5 and Gwen Stefani
3. By the Grace of God by Katy Perry
4. Just a Little Bit of Your Heart by Ariana Grande
5. Dark Horse by Katy Perry
6. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
1. Getting settled with a new assistant. It's going to be another big transition, but
2. My mom's birthday is this month, and we should have a fun celebration for her.
3. Cinderella comes out this month. I'm planning on going to see it with some of my girls-- should be a blast!
4. This is a great month for sports-- March Madness is always of of my favorite times of the year, plus baseball starts this month! In fact, the Yankees' first spring training game is today.