This year, I finished my reading challenge with 85 books! I realized around mid-October that I had several categories left to go still unread. I just barely finished by the skin of my teeth (finished the last one on New Year's Eve), but I did it!
I really enjoyed this challenge-- it took me out of my book rut and got me to read some really great books (looking at you, Jane Austen, Z, and Columbine...). Since I read more than 80 books this year, I won't go through all of them. But I do want to share some of my favorites (the links take you to my review of that book on my book review blog, Bookworm Katie):
Inn Boonsboro series
Cormoran Strike series
For 2016, I decided not to do a similar book challenge again, although I really liked the idea and will do it again in the future. Next year, I want to read some books that might take me a while to get through. So I don't want to pressure myself too much to read a high number of books or a large variety of categories again. Instead, I have made a few specific book goals for 2016:
- Read Gone with the Wind, The Pillars of the Earth, Little Women, and either Emma or Sense and Sensibility
- Read the Bible from beginning to end again
- Start and finish an entire book series
- Read at least five books that have been on my to-read list since before 2014
- Read three books by new-to-me authors
- Read at least five non-fiction books
These goals are definitely doable, but will again get me to read books outside of my favorite genres, become more well-read in the classics, learn new things, and help clear off my to-read list!
What were your favorite books of the year? Any book recommendations for me??